Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
United, Delta Upgrade Overhead Bins
Originally published on Tue March 6, 2012 12:13 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And our last word in business has some good news for travelers – bigger bins. People have been avoiding checked-baggage fees by carrying on bags onto airplanes - that includes bags too big for the overhead bins. Now United and Delta Airlines are enlarging their bins, though there is some fear this will prompt people to bring bags that are even bigger.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.