Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri August 17, 2012 11:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
As in much of the country, it's been a hot summer in the state of Oklahoma, and the heat has forced those without air conditioning to get creative.
Today's last word in business is a Scottish solution.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Mechanics at O'Brien Auto Performance are keeping cool in kilts. From May to October, some employees there don kilts to enjoy a breezier workday.
GREENE: The uniform has its challenges, though, since the mechanic often work underneath cars. Owner David O'Brien told KOTV it is important to keep your knees down and your legs crossed. OK.
Well, that's the business news on MORNING EDITION, NPR from News.
I'm David Greene.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.