Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Holiday Boat Parade
Light up the Boats
Downtown Chattanooga will light up this weekend with the Holiday Starlight Parade, Lighted Boat Parade and Fireworks Finale.
Bart Schubert will be leading the Lighted Boat Parade as Captain of a fully decorated MarineMax boat. Interested boaters are encouraged to gather under the Veterans Memorial Bridge to line up for the boat parade. All aquatic vehicles in the parade should be lighted, no matter the size. Kayaks and small boats are especially encouraged to have lights for a safe parade.
The Holiday Starlight Parade route begins at 5th and Market Streets at 6:00 PM and will head toward the river to cross in front of the Tennessee Aquarium. Then the parade will return to 5th Street via Broad Street. At 7:00 PM the Lighted Boat Parade should be passing underneath the Walnut Street Bridge and circle along the Tennessee River. The fireworks finale will begin at 8:00 PM.