Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- UTC Conference Addresses Youth Sports Injuries
Linda Bullard Recalls Past As Teen Mother to Help Others Understand Choices
Linda Murray Bullard, a teenage mother in the 1970's, learned to make choices that would set her life on a positive course of improvement.
Bullard's mother died on a Christmas morning when Bullard was a young girl. Linda Bullard was pregnant at 13 and gave birth to her son when she was 14 years old. In her book, The Well Ran Dry - Memoirs of A Motherless Child , she credits her father’s faith in her as part of changing her expectations that completely changed her life. The first of her family to get a college degree, she raised her son to make the kind of choices that would open doors for him. Bullard is an author, owns her own business consulting firm, and is a motivational speaker to help young people look at their own decisions in life.