Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Living Well With Cancer Series Continues
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Memorial Health Care System will sponsor a free seminar August 10th, as part of the "Strong and Smart: Living Well With Cancer" seminar series. What's unique about the seminar is participants can learn from the comfort of their homes or offices about the importance for caring for the spirit when facing cancer.
The "Strong and Smart" series is a resource for cancer survivors, patients, and their families, according to Joe Robb, executive director of Cancer Services at Memorial. He explains that topics are specific to issues they are facing and they can ask questions of an expert. They may also connect with others facing the same challengers, and they can do it all without leaving home. Nourishing Your Spirit through the Journey of Cancer is part of the dial-up seminar series. Participants listen to medical experts via phone, view presentations on their computers and can ask questions.