Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Living Well With Cancer Series Continues
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Memorial Health Care System will sponsor a free seminar August 10th, as part of the "Strong and Smart: Living Well With Cancer" seminar series. What's unique about the seminar is participants can learn from the comfort of their homes or offices about the importance for caring for the spirit when facing cancer.
The "Strong and Smart" series is a resource for cancer survivors, patients, and their families, according to Joe Robb, executive director of Cancer Services at Memorial. He explains that topics are specific to issues they are facing and they can ask questions of an expert. They may also connect with others facing the same challengers, and they can do it all without leaving home. Nourishing Your Spirit through the Journey of Cancer is part of the dial-up seminar series. Participants listen to medical experts via phone, view presentations on their computers and can ask questions.