Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
Man Tries To Pay For Beer With Bartender's Card
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A guy walks into a bar in Miami Beach. He orders a drink, puts a credit card down and things start going wrong. The bartender began to suspect the card did not belong to the customer. His first clue was that the card had the bartender's name. Police say the customer had stolen it from the bartender's car. The man claims he found it on the ground. Either way, put an extra tip on there, bartender. Go get yourself something really nice. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.