Most Active Stories
- Here's Why UAW Thinks This New Push In Chattanooga Will Be Different
- Did Cleveland, TN Really Redefine 'Mile High Club' With $42 Million in Pork?
- UnifiEd is Hosting Debates With the District 5 and District 9 School Board Candidates
- Patrick Johnston: The Odyssey of a Soccer Junkie
- 911, Cracked & the 'End of All Magic’: A Conversation with Author Jeff Hewitt
Around the Nation
Mass. Pub Names Changed Until After Playoff Game
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Years ago, I had a drink at a bar called The Raven. Great name for a bar, invoking a poem by Edgar Allen Poe. A Massachusetts man would agree. He owns the Raven's Nest and the Mad Raven. The trouble is, he's in New England, and pro football's New England Patriots are prepping for a playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens. The bar owner did what he had to do. He temporarily renamed his bars the Patriot's Nest and the Mad Patriot. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.