Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Happy Birthday, Ruby Falls
Millions Have Made the Underground Journey, But Lambert Did It First
In 1928, cave explorer Leo Lambert went on a long journey underground... so long that his wife thought he might have died. He was gone so long because he'd discovered something unexpected: a waterfall inside Lookout Mountain.
Ruby Falls is celebrating the 85th anniversary of its discovery. Hugh Morrow, President of Ruby Falls, LLC, joins WUTC's Michael Edward Miller in this interview about the history of Ruby Falls. Over the years, the attraction has brought in millions of visitors, and SEE RUBY FALLS billboards are nearly ubiquitous throughout the Southeast.