Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- So Lit Book Club discusses 'Bringing It to the Table' by Wendell Berry
Attention All Shoppers
Mobile Market Brings Fresh Food To 'Deserts'
For Chattanoogans who live miles from a grocery store and don't have access to a car, buying groceries can be a constant struggle. But there's a new traveling store that aims to alleviate some of that burden. It's the Chattanooga Mobile Market.
The mini grocery store is run by the YMCA, Gaining Ground, Hamilton County's Health Department, and the Food Bank. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rode along to one of the stops with Amy Johnson, the Mobile Market's manager.