Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
Attention All Shoppers
Mobile Market Brings Fresh Food To 'Deserts'
For Chattanoogans who live miles from a grocery store and don't have access to a car, buying groceries can be a constant struggle. But there's a new traveling store that aims to alleviate some of that burden. It's the Chattanooga Mobile Market.
The mini grocery store is run by the YMCA, Gaining Ground, Hamilton County's Health Department, and the Food Bank. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rode along to one of the stops with Amy Johnson, the Mobile Market's manager.