Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Attention All Shoppers
Mobile Market Brings Fresh Food To 'Deserts'
For Chattanoogans who live miles from a grocery store and don't have access to a car, buying groceries can be a constant struggle. But there's a new traveling store that aims to alleviate some of that burden. It's the Chattanooga Mobile Market.
The mini grocery store is run by the YMCA, Gaining Ground, Hamilton County's Health Department, and the Food Bank. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rode along to one of the stops with Amy Johnson, the Mobile Market's manager.