Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Attention All Shoppers
Mobile Market Brings Fresh Food To 'Deserts'
For Chattanoogans who live miles from a grocery store and don't have access to a car, buying groceries can be a constant struggle. But there's a new traveling store that aims to alleviate some of that burden. It's the Chattanooga Mobile Market.
The mini grocery store is run by the YMCA, Gaining Ground, Hamilton County's Health Department, and the Food Bank. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rode along to one of the stops with Amy Johnson, the Mobile Market's manager.