Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Attention All Shoppers
Mobile Market Brings Fresh Food To 'Deserts'
For Chattanoogans who live miles from a grocery store and don't have access to a car, buying groceries can be a constant struggle. But there's a new traveling store that aims to alleviate some of that burden. It's the Chattanooga Mobile Market.
The mini grocery store is run by the YMCA, Gaining Ground, Hamilton County's Health Department, and the Food Bank. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rode along to one of the stops with Amy Johnson, the Mobile Market's manager.