Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
Moon Shot From JPMorgan's Dimon Is Day's Money Quote
The top news from Capitol Hill testimony today by JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon is that he says "the bank did its best to fully inform investors about its risk strategy several weeks before it suffered a $2 billion-plus trading loss," The Associated Press reports.
But the quote from him that seems to be getting the most attention came in response to a question from Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis., who wanted to know if the bank could ever lose "a half a trillion dollars or a trillion dollars?"
"Not unless this earth is hit by a moon," Dimon quipped.
Some of our earlier coverage of the JPMorgan news: