Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
The Most Annoying Songs Of The Summer (So Far)
Originally published on Sat June 16, 2012 2:22 pm
NPR Music has already put together a list of 50 of our favorite songs to help you celebrate the summer. On it, you'll find cheery synth-pop singles, smooth R&B ballads, thumping club bangers and fist-pumping rock anthems.
Missing, however, are those "deep cuts" that lend themselves to a detached, ironic, slightly campy appreciation — the songs that are so bad they're good.
Jim Nayder, purveyor of all things tasteless and host of Chicago Public Radio's The Annoying Music Show!, joins Weekend Edition Saturday host Scott Simon to fill in any gaps we may have (purposely) left in our list. Artists represented include a cruise-ship singer who refuses to pluralize, a rapper whose summer "issues" have him using "so many tissues" and more.