Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Mural Honors Local Leader in the Autism Community
Cynthia Joyner had a significant presence in the autism community of Chattanooga. She was awarded the Volunteer of the Year award at the 4th annual Chattanooga Autism Conference. She also organized Pints for Autism, an event which raised over $10,000 for the Chattanooga Autism Center.
On July 20th, Joyner died in a car accident on Interstate 24.
To commemorate her work in the autism community, local art collective PprWrk created a mural in Cynthia Joyner's honor. The mural can be found on the corner of Houston and Martin Luther King. WUTC spoke to David Ruiz and Mary Margaret LaVoie of PprWrk about the mural.