Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
National Day of Listening 2011
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – On November 25th, NPR's StoryCorps is nviting everyone to take a moment during their busy day and thank a teacher. It's called the National Day of Listening, and people are encouraged to contact a favorite teacher and record an interview. Rabbit Zielke spoke with StoryCorps founder Dave Isay.
There are several ways to document your interview on the National Day of Listening. Any recording device will work such as a cellphone, video recorder, digital recorder or computer. Story Corps provides tutorials and additional information to help you prepare for your interview or perhaps you just plan to record your conversation. Even if you do not make a recording of the moment you can still post your participation on the Wall of Listening at the National Day of Listening website. No matter what you have planned for Friday, take a moment or two to thank a teacher for the influence they have had on your life.
If you are unable to interview a teacher that influenced your life you can still participate in National Day of Listening by posting a memory to facebook (@storycorps) or twitter (@storycorps, #thankateacher).