Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Young and Wiser
New Chattanooga Nonprofit Teaches Life Skills for Young Adults
People aren't born with instruction manuals and the transition from youth to young adult can be pretty tricky. Young and Wiser is a nonprofit that works with high school and college students to develop life skills leading to success.
Young speakers are trained in a variety of topics including bullying, rape, assault, eating disorders and college success. The goal is to help young people understand challenges and make positive decisions.
Young and Wiser is hosting a "fun" raiser on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at the University Center Auditorium at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga beginning at 7 PM. Music will be provided by Smooth Dialects and the laughs will be on Steve Hofstetter, original writer at collegehumor.com. Tickets are available in advance or at the door. Call 423-402-9520 for more details.