Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Is New England The Right Fit For Tim Tebow?
Originally published on Tue June 11, 2013 10:45 am
The New England Patriots' website just confirmed the news that quarterback Tim Tebow is joining the team.
So the stories by NFL.com, The Boston Globe, ESPN and others are true: The player who captivated many football fans when he played for the Denver Broncos during the 2011-12 season, but then was stuck on the sidelines for most of last season with the New York Jets, has found a new place to play.
USA Today offers "five reasons why Tebow in New England is a good idea." We think the most important one is that there won't be any pressure on the 25-year-old Tebow. As the newspaper says, the Patriots' superstar quarterback — Tom Brady — "isn't coming off the field unless he's on a stretcher."
Even many of Tebow's biggest fans will agree that he hasn't yet shown he has the skills to be a typical NFL starting quarterback. So, what's the verdict on this latest news?