Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Arts & Culture
New Harmonies:Celebrating American Roots Music
The Harris Arts Center in Calhoun Georgia is the temporary home of a Smithsonian traveling exhibit celebrating American Roots Music.
The interactive exhibit traces the development of American Roots Music which includes mountain music, shaped note singing, gospel as well as the beginnings of soul, country music and rock & roll. New Harmonies is part of the Smithsonian Museum on Main Street project and will be available free of charge at the Harris Arts Center through May 24, 2012. New Harmonies will travel across several towns in Georgia through November 2013. The Georgia Humanities Council supports New Harmonies through the Museum on Main Street program. The Harris Arts Center is located at 212 South Wall Street in Calhoun Georgia.