Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
New Study Underscores Unhealthiness Of Red Meat
A new study provides the strongest evidence yet that red meat is bad for your health. A study of more than 100-thousand health professionals found that regular consumption of red meat, particularly processed red meat, was associated with increased mortality risk. One daily serving of unprocessed red meat was associated with a 13-percent increased risk of mortality, and one daily serving of processed red meat was associated with a 20-percent increased risk.