Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
New Study Underscores Unhealthiness Of Red Meat
A new study provides the strongest evidence yet that red meat is bad for your health. A study of more than 100-thousand health professionals found that regular consumption of red meat, particularly processed red meat, was associated with increased mortality risk. One daily serving of unprocessed red meat was associated with a 13-percent increased risk of mortality, and one daily serving of processed red meat was associated with a 20-percent increased risk.