Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Hundreds of Bikers Participate in Memorial Ride for Chattanooga Shooting Victims
- Chattanooga Gunman's Family Says He 'Suffered From Depression'
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Newly Uncovered History: In 1879, a Cleveland, Tennessee Mayoral Election Sparked Riots
For a little over two years in the late 1800’s, the city of Cleveland was erased from the map of Tennessee by the state legislature. The little known story was uncovered by the historians at The Museum Center at 5 Points in Cleveland. The collections curator, Lisa Chastain, talked to WUTC's Richard Winham. An exhibit about the story will be on display until January 4th, 2014.