Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
Newly Uncovered History: In 1879, a Cleveland, Tennessee Mayoral Election Sparked Riots
For a little over two years in the late 1800’s, the city of Cleveland was erased from the map of Tennessee by the state legislature. The little known story was uncovered by the historians at The Museum Center at 5 Points in Cleveland. The collections curator, Lisa Chastain, talked to WUTC's Richard Winham. An exhibit about the story will be on display until January 4th, 2014.