Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
NPR World Of Opera Broadcasts
By Mark Colbert
June 24, 2003 – On Saturday, July 5th, WUTC will begin its summer braodcast of NPR's World Of Opera with Lisa Simeone. Enjoy compelling performances, major artist, classic works and important premieres from opera houses across the nation and around the world.
Summer highlites include conductor Claudio Abbado leading a powerful performance of Verdi's "Simon Boccanegra" from Florence; Soprano Sylvia McNair at the Grand City Opera in Colorado, and an August filled with conductor Stewart Robertson's evocative performances from the Glimmerglass Opera Company in Cooperstown, NY.
NPR World Of Opera listings for Summer 2003 include:
7/5/03 - Giuseppe Verdi:"Simon Boccanegra"
7/12/03 - Carey John Franklin:"Loss Of Eden"
7/19/03 - Benjamin Britten:"Midsummer Night's Dream"
7/26/03 - Lee Hoiby:"Summer And Smoke"
8/2/03 - Ruggero Leoncavallo:"I Pagliacci"
8/9/03 - Francis Poulenc:"Dialogue Of The Carmelites"
8/16/03 - Joseph Haydn:"Orlando Paladino"
8/23/03 - Robert Kurka:"Good Soldier Schweik"
8/30/03 - Gaetano Donizetti:"The Elixir Of Love"
9/6/03 - Carlisle Ford:"Cold Sassy Tree"
9/13/03 - Giuseppe Verdi:"Nabucco"
9/20/03 - "Special Fundraising Edition of NPR World Of Opera"
9/27/03 - Giuseppe Verdi:"Aida"