Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
NPR World Of Opera Broadcasts
By Mark Colbert
June 24, 2003 – On Saturday, July 5th, WUTC will begin its summer braodcast of NPR's World Of Opera with Lisa Simeone. Enjoy compelling performances, major artist, classic works and important premieres from opera houses across the nation and around the world.
Summer highlites include conductor Claudio Abbado leading a powerful performance of Verdi's "Simon Boccanegra" from Florence; Soprano Sylvia McNair at the Grand City Opera in Colorado, and an August filled with conductor Stewart Robertson's evocative performances from the Glimmerglass Opera Company in Cooperstown, NY.
NPR World Of Opera listings for Summer 2003 include:
7/5/03 - Giuseppe Verdi:"Simon Boccanegra"
7/12/03 - Carey John Franklin:"Loss Of Eden"
7/19/03 - Benjamin Britten:"Midsummer Night's Dream"
7/26/03 - Lee Hoiby:"Summer And Smoke"
8/2/03 - Ruggero Leoncavallo:"I Pagliacci"
8/9/03 - Francis Poulenc:"Dialogue Of The Carmelites"
8/16/03 - Joseph Haydn:"Orlando Paladino"
8/23/03 - Robert Kurka:"Good Soldier Schweik"
8/30/03 - Gaetano Donizetti:"The Elixir Of Love"
9/6/03 - Carlisle Ford:"Cold Sassy Tree"
9/13/03 - Giuseppe Verdi:"Nabucco"
9/20/03 - "Special Fundraising Edition of NPR World Of Opera"
9/27/03 - Giuseppe Verdi:"Aida"