Most Active Stories
- Did Cleveland, TN Really Redefine 'Mile High Club' With $42 Million in Pork?
- Lawyers Dressed in Hoodies and Bluejeans
- UnifiEd is Hosting Debates With the District 5 and District 9 School Board Candidates
- Hunter Invitational III Features Contemporary Art By Regional Artists
- 911, Cracked & the 'End of All Magic’: A Conversation with Author Jeff Hewitt
Older Farmers Seem To Be In No Hurry To Call It Quits
Farmers are getting older. In the last census taken by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 25 percent of farm operators were more than 65 years old. Neighbors and younger farmers would like to have their land. But for a variety of reasons, it's hard to convince an older farmer to give it up.