Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Arts & Culture
One-Woman Music School: Jessica Nunn Teaches Violin, Viola, Cello & String Bass at 'Muse A Palooza'
Jessica Nunn is a gifted musician. She placed first on viola in 2005 in the annual statewide competition organized by the Tennessee Music Education Association. But while she is a gifted performer, Jessica is equally enthusiastic about teaching.
She was educated in public schools in Chattanooga, and like many people in the area she's concerned about the cuts in funding for music and arts education in our public schools. She's offering a series of workshops for three days beginning July 31 in which she'll give anyone over 7 years old the opportunity to play anything from a violin to a saxophone. If the workshops are successful she plans to start putting together something like the Folk School for aspiring classical players.