Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Peyton Manning Leads His New Team To A Win
Originally published on Mon September 10, 2012 6:42 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with an update on new quarterbacks. Peyton Manning led his new team, the Broncos, to a season opening win. Andrew Luck, who replaced Manning at the Colts, lost. But Brandon Weeden had the toughest day. Before his game could even start, the new Browns quarterback was trapped under a giant American flag on the field. He stayed on his hands and knees until the national anthem was over, then he threw four interceptions as the Browns lost to Philadelphia. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.