Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Pizza Hut Rethinks Debate Promotion
Originally published on Tue October 16, 2012 10:45 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Pizza Hut does not sell waffles, but they're waffling. The company offered 30 years worth of pizza to anybody at tonight's presidential town hall meeting who asks the candidates sausage or pepperoni. The promotion backfired. Stephen Colbert asked: What could be more American than using our electoral process for product placement. Pizza Hut has since suggested it is rethinking the contest, but it will still honor the prize if somebody does pose the question tonight. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.