Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch Has Died
Originally published on Fri May 4, 2012 3:26 pm
Update at 2:30 p.m. ET: The news that Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys has died has now been confirmed by the group's public relations firm.
Our original post:
Adam "MCA" Yauch of the Beastie Boys, who announced in 2009 that he had a cancerous tumor in a salivary gland, has died, according to reports from Global Grind.com, Rolling Stone and TMZ.com. He was 47.
"...combined hardcore and hip-hop in a fresh-sounding musical mashup that was danceable, infectious and wickedly funny. ... Due to their brash humor and punkish sensibility, the Beastie Boys have been called 'the bastard brat offspring of Sesame Street and the Sex Pistols,' 'AC/DC meets Run-D.M.C. with a teenage wit' and 'the Marx Brothers of rap.' "