Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
River Otter Falls Opens at Tennessee Aquarium
The Tennessee Aquarium expanded the River Otter exhibit to provide a more realistic environment for the otters and a better experience for aquarium guests.
River Otter Falls animates the highest point of the Cove Forest in the River Journey building at the Tennessee Aquarium Complex. The number of otter inhabitants went from 2 to 7 with expanded habitats behind the scenes that will allow for potential breeding once the only female otter achieves sexual maturity. The new exhibit provides expanded aquatic activities, waterfalls, and terrestrial areas that will allow the otters to romp in a mulch substrate. River Otter Falls opens to the public May 2, 2014.