Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
River Otter Falls Opens at Tennessee Aquarium
The Tennessee Aquarium expanded the River Otter exhibit to provide a more realistic environment for the otters and a better experience for aquarium guests.
River Otter Falls animates the highest point of the Cove Forest in the River Journey building at the Tennessee Aquarium Complex. The number of otter inhabitants went from 2 to 7 with expanded habitats behind the scenes that will allow for potential breeding once the only female otter achieves sexual maturity. The new exhibit provides expanded aquatic activities, waterfalls, and terrestrial areas that will allow the otters to romp in a mulch substrate. River Otter Falls opens to the public May 2, 2014.