Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
River Rocks 2012
The third annual River Rocks celebration of the outdoor recreation opportunities in our region will include more than 90 events between October 5th through the 14th.
There are hikes for every age and ability as well as races through forests, along roads, on and off the water. The Tennessee River will be busy with events of all types for boats, kayaks and swimmers. A portion of the proceeds from various events during River Rocks will promote conservation and stewardship through several regional conservancies. The final ceremonies of River Rocks will provide an opportunity for Chattanooga to showcase the broadband capabilities of the city with a concert stretching across the country. T. Bone Burnett will be on the stage in Los Angeles California performing with the Secret Sisters that will be on the stage in Coolidge Park on the Northshore in Chattanooga. The 2 and a half hour concert, Gig City Roots, will provide an amazing precursor to the annual sculpture burn marking the end of the 2012 River Rocks.