Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Sandwich Monday: The White Castle Slider
Time magazine recently named The White Castle Slider the Most Influential Burger of All Time, above the McDonald's burger, the Burger King Whopper, and President Millard P. Burger, the first all-beef president of the United States.
Ian: I guess it's better than when the White Castle Slider won Time magazine's Person of the Year.
Miles: Are we sure Time didn't say this is the most Influenza burger of all time?
Eva: Influential isn't necessarily good. Like, the first person to wear jeggings was influential.
Peter: I wonder if they come in large sheets, and they have to be torn apart like stamps.
Peter: They are the perfect size to put under a table leg. If you hated your table.
Ian: These meat pills are hard to swallow, but I'm getting them down.
Robert: I didn't even realize sliders existed earlier than 2 a.m.
Eva: These can double as ear muffs on a cold winter day like today.
Miles: I assume that the knights of White Castle often find that their horses have mysteriously disappeared.
Ian: When you're storming the White Castle and they pour their boiling hot oil on you, I bet — just for that first second — it's delicious.
[The verdict: So small, yet they pack in so little flavor. As a sandwich classic, it deserves our respect, if not our love.]
Sandwich Monday is a satirical feature from the humorists at Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!