Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
See You Later Alligator, At My Kid's Party
Originally published on Wed September 26, 2012 10:36 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. There's a children's book about a girl with a gator on her head. Apparently this book may soon become a true story. Bob Barrett of Madeira Beach, Florida is offering a service. He's the owner of a park called Alligator Attractions. And the New York Daily News reports he's offering alligator pool parties for kids. The gators mouths' are taped shut. Wildlife officials received reports of children cavorting with reptiles, but Mr. Barrett has a permit. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.