Most Active Stories
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- We're Off To See Appalachia: The Crooked Road Links Rural Music Communities
- Fat Shirley's: A Trailer Park Opera at the MACC
Serve and Protect with Alton Brown
The goals of Serve and Protect include education and awareness of aquatic animals. Understanding aquaculture and purchasing American seafood that is known to be acquired through sustainable means is also important. Increasing the diversity of seafood in your diet helps to protect these animals while providing the opportunity to try new recipes.
Alton Brown will be in Chattanooga on Thursday, September 13th providing cooking demonstrations and information on Serve and Protect. Tickets may still be available for the 11:00 luncheon at the IMax Theater. The dinner is sold out.
Serve and Protect continues on Friday and Saturday with Downtown Dine Around. Local restaurants will be offering featured sustainable seafood menu options. You will find the Serve and Protect logo in participating restaurants.