Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Set In Stone Offering Classes in the Creative Use of Concrete
In the mid 1990’s, Buddy Rhodes, a potter living in San Francisco, decided to try working with concrete rather than clay. Since then many other people have been inspired to try his techniques. He has written two books outlining his techniques and he also trains people in his approach. Justin Burd is one of his trainers. Justin and his partners own Set In Stone on W. Main Street. Starting in March, Set In Stone is offering a series of classes for people who just want to learn how to make something useful from concrete. When WUTC's Richard Winham talked to Justin Burd, he told him there are no limits to what people might make.