Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Set In Stone Offering Classes in the Creative Use of Concrete
In the mid 1990’s, Buddy Rhodes, a potter living in San Francisco, decided to try working with concrete rather than clay. Since then many other people have been inspired to try his techniques. He has written two books outlining his techniques and he also trains people in his approach. Justin Burd is one of his trainers. Justin and his partners own Set In Stone on W. Main Street. Starting in March, Set In Stone is offering a series of classes for people who just want to learn how to make something useful from concrete. When WUTC's Richard Winham talked to Justin Burd, he told him there are no limits to what people might make.