Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
- How Candidates Announce Can Say A Lot About Their Campaigns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
‘She Who’: Dorothy Allison On Writing, Teaching & Her Next Novel
In this interview, celebrated Southern author Dorothy Allison looks back on her novel Bastard Out Of Carolina, which was published more than twenty years ago (and was nominated for a National Book Award). Readers discover (or re-discover) it every year--it’s both wildly humorous and shockingly brutal. In this interview, Allison talks about using her own family legends as source material. Allison also talks about leaving the South, teaching young writers, and discusses her long-in-progress new novel She Who.
Allison is in Chattanooga for the Celebration of Southern Literature, April 17 – 20.
Celebration of Southern Lit
April 18th, 19th & 20th