Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
‘She Who’: Dorothy Allison On Writing, Teaching & Her Next Novel
In this interview, celebrated Southern author Dorothy Allison looks back on her novel Bastard Out Of Carolina, which was published more than twenty years ago (and was nominated for a National Book Award). Readers discover (or re-discover) it every year--it’s both wildly humorous and shockingly brutal. In this interview, Allison talks about using her own family legends as source material. Allison also talks about leaving the South, teaching young writers, and discusses her long-in-progress new novel She Who.
Allison is in Chattanooga for the Celebration of Southern Literature, April 17 – 20.
Celebration of Southern Lit
April 18th, 19th & 20th