Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Snapping Sea Lion Takes Aim At Shakira
Originally published on Wed February 15, 2012 1:31 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Shakira's career almost ended on a South African beach. The singer saw 600-pound sea lions on rocks in shallow water. And then she later wrote on Facebook, I thought to myself how cute they were, so I decided to get a bit closer than all the other tourists. Then one of the sea lions moved within a foot, roared and tried to bite. After escaping, she speculated the creature may have thought her cell phone was in fact a tasty fish. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.