Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- UTC Conference Addresses Youth Sports Injuries
The Tennessee Valley Authority is working with companies interested in installing small to mid-sized solar power generating systems.
The Chattanooga Airport has installed a solar farm along the side of the runway and is working with TVA through the Solar Solutions Initiative and other options as part of the Renewable Energy Program. Solar Solutions Initiative provides incentives to assist with installation and operation of solar farms generating between 50 kilowatts and 1 megawatt. The initiative also encourages the local economy by requiring that the solar equipment is manufactured and installed through local businesses. Once operational, solar generated power that is not used is sold back to TVA to increase renewable energy options.