Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
The Tennessee Valley Authority is working with companies interested in installing small to mid-sized solar power generating systems.
The Chattanooga Airport has installed a solar farm along the side of the runway and is working with TVA through the Solar Solutions Initiative and other options as part of the Renewable Energy Program. Solar Solutions Initiative provides incentives to assist with installation and operation of solar farms generating between 50 kilowatts and 1 megawatt. The initiative also encourages the local economy by requiring that the solar equipment is manufactured and installed through local businesses. Once operational, solar generated power that is not used is sold back to TVA to increase renewable energy options.