Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
For Some Kids, Summer Schedule Can Be A Struggle
School's out! Good news, right?
For some families, the loose structure of summer days can be a big adjustment . Especially for families with kids who struggle with mental health issues. Farlie Chastain is a counselor at Parkridge Valley, which serves children and adolescents, as well as adults, with mental health issues. He says that the structure of school may be gone in the summer, but parents can put their own in place. Listen to the story here.