Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Stunning Photos: In Chicago, Firefighters Battle Huge Flames In Arctic Cold
Originally published on Wed January 23, 2013 6:24 pm
Firefighters in Chicago responded to the largest fire in years last night. According to The Chicago Tribune, at one point a third of the city's firefighters were battling the blaze at a vacant warehouse.
Luckily no one was hurt, but the arctic temperatures the area is experiencing meant the firefighters faced issues like frozen hydrants.
The pictures of the action, however, are made simply stunning because of the ice.
We'll leave you with a couple more: