Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
In "Talismans," A Young American Woman Seeks The Father Who Abandoned Her
By Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Sybil Baker's collection of linked short stories is called Talismans. It's coming out December 7th, and it's been described as a contemporary Heart of Darkness. The protagonist, a young American woman named Elise, travels through Southeast Asia. She goes through Vietnam, through places where her father was stationed during the war. She never knew him, and she's over there trying to find-trying to feel-some kind of connection to him.
Baker will have a book signing at Winder Binder Gallery & Book Store, on December 7th at 7 p-m.