Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
In "Talismans," A Young American Woman Seeks The Father Who Abandoned Her
By Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Sybil Baker's collection of linked short stories is called Talismans. It's coming out December 7th, and it's been described as a contemporary Heart of Darkness. The protagonist, a young American woman named Elise, travels through Southeast Asia. She goes through Vietnam, through places where her father was stationed during the war. She never knew him, and she's over there trying to find-trying to feel-some kind of connection to him.
Baker will have a book signing at Winder Binder Gallery & Book Store, on December 7th at 7 p-m.