Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
In "Talismans," A Young American Woman Seeks The Father Who Abandoned Her
By Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Sybil Baker's collection of linked short stories is called Talismans. It's coming out December 7th, and it's been described as a contemporary Heart of Darkness. The protagonist, a young American woman named Elise, travels through Southeast Asia. She goes through Vietnam, through places where her father was stationed during the war. She never knew him, and she's over there trying to find-trying to feel-some kind of connection to him.
Baker will have a book signing at Winder Binder Gallery & Book Store, on December 7th at 7 p-m.