Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Top Stories: Tragedy In Conn.; 'Fiscal Cliff' Talks Continue
Our early headlines, as you would expect, were about Friday's mass murder at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.:
The morning's other major news stories include:
-- "Afghan Landmine Blast Kills Girls." (BBC News)
-- "Boehner Floats Tax Rate Hike For Highest Earners." (Posted here late last evening.)
-- "Boehner Offers Debt-ceiling Increase In Cliff Compromise." (The Washington Post)
-- "Obama Expected To Name Kerry As Secretary Of State." (The New York Times)