Most Active Stories
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- LAUNCH Chattanooga Awards Prize Package to High School Students
- Second and Third Hand Smoke is Dangerous
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
UC Visiting Writer Allen Wier Gives Talk October 10
From a media release:
Writing Habits: Start with Organ Juice
Novelist Allen Wier, UC Foundation Visiting Writer,
Talks about fact, fiction, and truth in the art of lying,
And answers your questions about the craft of storytelling.
Thursday, October 10 at 8:15 PM
In the Signal Mountain Room
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
Allen Wier is the author of the story collection Things About to Disappear and four novels: Blanco, Departing as Air, A Place for Outlaws, and Tehano. His fiction and essays have appeared in The Southern Review, Five Points, The Georgia Review, Ploughshares and The New York Times. He is the editor of two books, Walking on Water and Other Stories and Voicelust: Eight Contemporary Writers on Style. Awards include the John Dos Passos Prize for Literature, the Robert Penn Warren Award for Fiction and the University of Tennessee Hodges Chair for Distinguished Teaching. Wier has two book-length works in progress, a novel, Skin for Skin, and a memoir, The No Rules Trip. He is the 2013-2014 UC Foundation Visiting Writer.