Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Underground Comedy Scene Brings Doug Stanhope To Chattanooga
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Doug Stanhope is an award-winning, internationally-recognized comedian. His career has been amazingly diverse: he's performed at major festivals such as Montreal Just For Laughs and the Chicago Comedy Festival, he's been on Comedy Central and co-hosted the Man Show, he's hosted Girls Gone Wild, and he once made a serious bid to be President on the Libertarian Party ticket.
In this piece, Stanhope talks about how social networking has allowed him to avoid mainstream comedy and perform on his own terms; why he dislikes comedy clubs; and a condition called "irony fatigue."