Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Underground Comedy Scene Brings Doug Stanhope To Chattanooga
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Doug Stanhope is an award-winning, internationally-recognized comedian. His career has been amazingly diverse: he's performed at major festivals such as Montreal Just For Laughs and the Chicago Comedy Festival, he's been on Comedy Central and co-hosted the Man Show, he's hosted Girls Gone Wild, and he once made a serious bid to be President on the Libertarian Party ticket.
In this piece, Stanhope talks about how social networking has allowed him to avoid mainstream comedy and perform on his own terms; why he dislikes comedy clubs; and a condition called "irony fatigue."