Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Underground Comedy Scene Brings Doug Stanhope To Chattanooga
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Doug Stanhope is an award-winning, internationally-recognized comedian. His career has been amazingly diverse: he's performed at major festivals such as Montreal Just For Laughs and the Chicago Comedy Festival, he's been on Comedy Central and co-hosted the Man Show, he's hosted Girls Gone Wild, and he once made a serious bid to be President on the Libertarian Party ticket.
In this piece, Stanhope talks about how social networking has allowed him to avoid mainstream comedy and perform on his own terms; why he dislikes comedy clubs; and a condition called "irony fatigue."