Most Active Stories
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Locals Rally, Marry After SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
United Way Offers Volunteer Opportunities for the Entire Family 11/23rd at Hamilton Place
National Family Volunteer Day is a day of service highlighted as part of Points of Light and the HandsOn Network promoting volunteerism globally. Activities at the Family Volunteer Day will provide help for local nonprofit organizations at levels almost everyone in the family can achieve. Most of the activities are geared toward younger children and can provide a chance for children to learn the importance of giving back to their community through service as a family. National Family Volunteer Day was created 22 years ago to encourage families to volunteer together and improve their community.
On Saturday, November 23rd your family can work together to decorate a patch that will eventually become part of a quilt at a local nonprofit. They could choose to fill treat bags for animals in the East Ridge Animal Shelter. There is also the option of decorating empty cans that will become flower pots in a nursing home or maybe pen a letter to the troops overseas. All of the activities are designed to encourage family participation.
You will find the Family Volunteer Day activities in Hamilton Place Mall in the lower level at the JC Penny court from noon to 3:00 PM. All activities are free and open to the public.