Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
UTC Chamber Singers
UTC Chamber Singers Tour Europe
The Chamber Singers with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Music Department have embarked on a performance tour of Europe.
Nineteen students singing with the UTC Chamber Singers will be learning about the influence the performance venue has on the music when they perform in massive cathedrals and experience the echo and effect of the acoustics first hand. Some of the classical works selected in their performance were written specifically for the cathedral where they will be singing. They will also be performing American music to the delight of the crowds. In addition to concerts, the Chamber Singers will have the opportunity to attend a lecture in Vienna.
The Choral Arts Department will present the Chamber Singers Homecoming Concert at Christ Episcopal Church on McAllie Ave on Saturday March 23, 2013 beginning at 7:30 pm. This concert will present the music the Chamber Singers performed in Prague, Vienna and Budapest. The event is free and open to the public.