Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Thursday, March 19’s Giveaway: a GoPro HERO Cam
UTC to Host Symposium 3/8 on Growing Native Plants in Your Garden
The Tennessee Valley Chapter of Wild Ones, a national non-profit organization promoting the preservation of bio-diversity, is holding a symposium at UTC on Saturday, March 8th. Called “Native Plants, Natural Landscapes” the symposium, co-sponsored by UTC’s Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, will offer information and advice from experts on improving landscapes and gardens using sustainable landscaping practices. WUTC's Richard Winham talked to Nora Bernhardt, one of the organizers of the symposium, and the keynote speaker Fred Spicer, Executive Director of the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, Alabama.