Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- Why Do Most Galaxies Die? It's A Case Of Strangulation, Scientists Say
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Harriet Tubman Wins Unofficial Contest To Be On $20 Bill
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
UTC to Host Symposium 3/8 on Growing Native Plants in Your Garden
The Tennessee Valley Chapter of Wild Ones, a national non-profit organization promoting the preservation of bio-diversity, is holding a symposium at UTC on Saturday, March 8th. Called “Native Plants, Natural Landscapes” the symposium, co-sponsored by UTC’s Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, will offer information and advice from experts on improving landscapes and gardens using sustainable landscaping practices. WUTC's Richard Winham talked to Nora Bernhardt, one of the organizers of the symposium, and the keynote speaker Fred Spicer, Executive Director of the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, Alabama.