Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- How Candidates Announce Can Say A Lot About Their Campaigns
UTC to Host Symposium 3/8 on Growing Native Plants in Your Garden
The Tennessee Valley Chapter of Wild Ones, a national non-profit organization promoting the preservation of bio-diversity, is holding a symposium at UTC on Saturday, March 8th. Called “Native Plants, Natural Landscapes” the symposium, co-sponsored by UTC’s Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, will offer information and advice from experts on improving landscapes and gardens using sustainable landscaping practices. WUTC's Richard Winham talked to Nora Bernhardt, one of the organizers of the symposium, and the keynote speaker Fred Spicer, Executive Director of the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, Alabama.