Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
VIDEO: Watch 'Snackman' Casually Break Up A Fight
Able to step over low couches with help from a friend? Faster than a football fan stretching for the remote? Ready to munch at a moment's notice?
This video has taken on a bit of a viral life of its own since being posted earlier this month. Folks seem impressed by the casual way its star — now known as Snackman — helps break up a fight between a man and a woman on a New York City subway train. (Note: there are a few fleeting expletives in the video.)
CNN says a security expert it spoke with was impressed by the way Snackman moseyed into action. Stepping between the combatants "changed the context ... changed the dynamic [and] he deescalated the incident," Steve Kardian told the cable news network.
(H/T to NPR.org's Laurel Dalrymple.)