Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Good Clean Fun
The Warehouse, Collection, and Party of Bax and Velvet Walker
Bax and Velvet Walker were collectors. In the past, the couple collected Coca-Cola products, Warner Brothers items, sports memorabilia, almost anything Americana. They displayed their gigantic collections within their home, a two-story warehouse.
Bax and Velvet's collections became so popular by word of mouth the couple began throwing parties in their home. For more than 10 years, Bax and Velvet threw private-parties while displaying their collections. The parties were filled with dress-up karaoke, dancing, popcorn, and banana splits. But as WUTC learned, no party can last forever.