Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
Good Clean Fun
The Warehouse, Collection, and Party of Bax and Velvet Walker
Bax and Velvet Walker were collectors. In the past, the couple collected Coca-Cola products, Warner Brothers items, sports memorabilia, almost anything Americana. They displayed their gigantic collections within their home, a two-story warehouse.
Bax and Velvet's collections became so popular by word of mouth the couple began throwing parties in their home. For more than 10 years, Bax and Velvet threw private-parties while displaying their collections. The parties were filled with dress-up karaoke, dancing, popcorn, and banana splits. But as WUTC learned, no party can last forever.