Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Good Clean Fun
The Warehouse, Collection, and Party of Bax and Velvet Walker
Bax and Velvet Walker were collectors. In the past, the couple collected Coca-Cola products, Warner Brothers items, sports memorabilia, almost anything Americana. They displayed their gigantic collections within their home, a two-story warehouse.
Bax and Velvet's collections became so popular by word of mouth the couple began throwing parties in their home. For more than 10 years, Bax and Velvet threw private-parties while displaying their collections. The parties were filled with dress-up karaoke, dancing, popcorn, and banana splits. But as WUTC learned, no party can last forever.