Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
New Slant on Sherlock Holmes
When A Scientist Writes Mysteries
Stephanie Osborn is a scientist and novelist with a love of mystery and science fiction.
The fourth book in her Displaced Detective series returns to a world where a brilliant physicist has managed to pull her literary hero across parallel dimensions to her own world. As Sherlock Holmes adjusts to a modern world he is instrumental in solving a mystery challenging his hostess, Dr. Skye Chadwick. The world Osborn creates demonstrates her detailed knowledge of the Sherlock Holmes character developed by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. At the same time her work leans heavily on Osborn's personal scientific background. The science in this series is detailed, complex, and merges well with the pursuit of clues as the mystery unfolds. The four books published in this series may prove to be just the first peek into an amazing world that currently resides in the imagination of Stephanie Osborn.