Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
Arts & Culture
Wiggy Wanda: A Book That Helps Explain Cancer to Children
Children’s books delight and entertain but sometimes they serve a more serious purpose. Some of the books written by children’s author Kathy Mashburn have valuable lessons embedded in their colorful pages.
Wiggy Wanda is a doll and one of the characters in Mashburn's latest children's book. The bald doll helps a little girl understand some of the possible things her mother may face during cancer treatments. The book is illustrated by Mindy Liang. There is also a Wiggy Wanda doll available. The doll is sold bald with a variety of wigs available separately. Wiggy Wanda can be purchased through Amazon.