Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Hundreds of Bikers Participate in Memorial Ride for Chattanooga Shooting Victims
- Chattanooga Gunman's Family Says He 'Suffered From Depression'
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Arts & Culture
Wiggy Wanda: A Book That Helps Explain Cancer to Children
Children’s books delight and entertain but sometimes they serve a more serious purpose. Some of the books written by children’s author Kathy Mashburn have valuable lessons embedded in their colorful pages.
Wiggy Wanda is a doll and one of the characters in Mashburn's latest children's book. The bald doll helps a little girl understand some of the possible things her mother may face during cancer treatments. The book is illustrated by Mindy Liang. There is also a Wiggy Wanda doll available. The doll is sold bald with a variety of wigs available separately. Wiggy Wanda can be purchased through Amazon.