Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
Arts & Culture
Wiggy Wanda: A Book That Helps Explain Cancer to Children
Children’s books delight and entertain but sometimes they serve a more serious purpose. Some of the books written by children’s author Kathy Mashburn have valuable lessons embedded in their colorful pages.
Wiggy Wanda is a doll and one of the characters in Mashburn's latest children's book. The bald doll helps a little girl understand some of the possible things her mother may face during cancer treatments. The book is illustrated by Mindy Liang. There is also a Wiggy Wanda doll available. The doll is sold bald with a variety of wigs available separately. Wiggy Wanda can be purchased through Amazon.