Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Solar Eclipse Wows Parts Of Europe, Middle East And Russia
- Monday, March 23’s Giveaway: HD Radios
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
Arts & Culture
Wiggy Wanda: A Book That Helps Explain Cancer to Children
Children’s books delight and entertain but sometimes they serve a more serious purpose. Some of the books written by children’s author Kathy Mashburn have valuable lessons embedded in their colorful pages.
Wiggy Wanda is a doll and one of the characters in Mashburn's latest children's book. The bald doll helps a little girl understand some of the possible things her mother may face during cancer treatments. The book is illustrated by Mindy Liang. There is also a Wiggy Wanda doll available. The doll is sold bald with a variety of wigs available separately. Wiggy Wanda can be purchased through Amazon.