Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Young Actors and Bad Kids
Colleen Laliberte is directing The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at the Mountain Arts Community Center on Signal Mountain December 14th through the 16th.
The play is based on the book of the same name written by Barbara Robinson. The story centers on a family of 6 children that are known in the community as trouble makers. One of the children hears that the church gives snacks and sweets so all 6 children show up just in time to be included in the Christmas pageant.
The play delves into social issues like poverty, different lifestyles, and perceptions of society. Laliberte leads the young actors in discussions looking beyond the humor of a line. Some of the best lines in the play reflect the challenges of living in poverty presented in the matter-of-fact direct way of young children. Each performance includes a chance to speak with the cast at the end of the play.
- Thursday December 13 at 10:00 AM
- Friday December 14 at 10:00 AM
- Friday December 14 at 7:00 PM
- Saturday December 15 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday December 15 at 7:00 PM
- Sunday December 16 at 2:00 PM