Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- A 73-Year-Old Man vs Rebel Invaders: The Civil War Story Behind This Historical Marker
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
Afternoon Music might sound like a random mix of rock, blues, folk, bluegrass, jazz, and electronic music. DJ Richard Winham, who has taught popular music courses at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, says his playlists explore the way disparate artists build upon each others' work. Trust him: he's got a PhD in rock & roll! From the Beatles and Belle & Sebastian to Richard Thompson, Temples, and Spoon, you'll hear a mix of music unavailable anywhere else in Chattanooga. Afternoon Music also features live, in-studio performances and interviews with artists scheduled to play at local venues and events including Chattanooga's Nightfall, Track29, Rhythm & Brews, The Camp House, and more.